Bookkeeper at X8 Brands.
This position gives the candidate an opportunity to present, and if approved, create and implement an accounting system that will be used company wide. As the corporate needs grow, this position will supervise bookkeeper and accounting clerks.
Initially the responsibilities will be to:
- Work with remote CFO to bring all of the corporate accounting in-house
- Create paper and online filing system for all corporate finances
- File for all necessary licensing, permits, tax etc to keep corporation in compliance with all financial rules and regulations
- Work with Office Manager to create a payroll system for incoming employees
- Record and maintain all financial records
- Prepare year-end tax returns and monitor the overall financial health of the company
- Processing and Pay Accounts Payable and Receivables
- Have two daily financial reports that charts all the financials that include sales, inventories, etc
- Payroll for employees that will include: monitoring payments to salaried employees, reconciling and paying commissions, reimbursing employee expense reports and processing wage garnishments
- Banking - prepare bank deposits of payments received from customers and other sources, then enter the payments into the accounts receivable system. Reconcile the company's monthly bank statements, researching and correcting any discrepancies. Credit card payments - reconciled and monitored. Wire transfers.
- Maintain a General Ledger detailed journal entries and month-end reconciliation to include inventory and overhead accounts.
- Taxes - Monthly and quarterly tax returns. File quarterly and annual federal and state unemployment tax returns, various payroll tax reports, and business and operating tax returns. The Processes any payment that needs to accompany a tax return.
- Compliance and Reporting – complete, file and maintain forms required by the federal and state governments such as reports for workers' compensation and pension or retirement accounts. Run regular reports for officers to keep them apprised of cash flow, budgeting and other vital financial matters. Maintain all filing system for auditing and auditors
Ideal candidate will possess:Strong communication and organizational skills
- Have a clear and working knowledge of discretion and confidentiality
- Experience with online sales, MIDs, affiliate programs, etc
- Strong technical skills with accounting and bookkeeping programs
- Attention to details and accuracy
Salary will be determined based on experience